Theft of ‘69 Mustang Thwarted, but at What Price?


We hate to see things like this happen. Mike Gomez, of Glendale, Arizona, recently wrote to us looking for help locating a straight body for his Mustang. Why? We’ll let him tell the story:

Thirty some years ago I came to own my first 69 Mustang, little did I know how unique a car I had. It was a 428 Mach 1 Cobra Jet 4 speed with a 9″ positraction rear end, power steering, power brakes and tilt steering wheel. I bought the car from my cousin when he got too many tickets and his Dad made him sell it. I had the car for about three years, then got married and sold it to buy my first house. I’ve owned many other cars that today are worth a fortune, who knew that they would go up in value so much.

Well, years passed and I always regretted selling the Mustang so I made a decision with my Wife, Sheri, to get a project car. She found a 69 Mustang on the Internet back in Illinois and we bought the car looking only at the pictures on the Internet. That is the last time I’ll do that!

Continue reading this story and watch a news report about this terrible incident over at Hemmings.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий